20 Years of Hope
The Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiatives (MBRGI) was established in 2015, combining under its umbrella over 30 humanitarian and developmental initiatives and entities, most of which have been launched and supported by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai, for more than 20 years.
The Foundation’s humanitarian, social and development initiatives and entities are primarily devoted to supporting and empowering vulnerable and disadvantaged communities around the world.
The MBRGI is the largest regional foundation in terms of the number of institutional initiatives that lead wide-reaching programmes and projects on a global scale.
Besides major time-bound humanitarian aid and relief operations, the MBRGI entities and initiatives also support vital societal sectors and develop practical and innovative solutions to address cultural, knowledge, economic, social, health, environment and humanitarian challenges in the region and the world.
The Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiatives (MBRGI) reflects the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, to develop a comprehensive humanitarian aid and social framework that adopts and implements a culture of hope.
Under this framework, diverse initiatives, programmes and projects have evolved into established entities that institutionalize humanitarian and developmental work to maximize and sustain positive impact and expand the scope of beneficiaries.
The MBRGI’s entities and initiatives carry out hundreds of programmes, projects, campaigns and activities to improve the quality of life in societies, with special focus on vital developmental and service sectors including education and healthcare, human development, capacity-building, talent investment and women and youth empowerment.
The wider scope of the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum stems from the necessity of effective investment in efforts and capabilities to build advanced and civilized societies.
His vision prioritizes institutionalizing humanitarian aid, development and social sectors within a well-designed strategic framework that transcends acts of benevolence to a sustainable long-term planning and work mechanisms that empowers communities, improves wellbeing and drives progress and prosperity.
Creating hope and building a better future for societies represent the core message that shapes the vision, goals and objectives of Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiatives (MBRGI).
To achieve its mission, the Foundation supports entities and empowers people who drive positive change in their societies, improve quality of life, and address challenges that impede human development, particularly in the Arab world.
The MBRGI’s humanitarian aid, development assistance and relief operations follow purely humanitarian objectives that are not confined to geography, religion, color or race. As His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum says, “Our aid has humanitarian objectives only; it is never governed by politics or limited by geography, race or religion of the beneficiary.”
- To foster a culture of hope, fight despair and negativity, and enable positive change makers in the Arab world to improve their societies through nurturing their initiatives and projects
- To effectively address pressing humanitarian, developmental and social challenges facing communities across the world and implement diverse sustainable projects especially in less fortunate communities in the Middle East, Africa and Asia
- To invest in the human capital as a vital resource through honing skills, developing talents and preparing highly qualified human cadres capable of leading the region’s development
- To improve the status of education in vulnerable communities in the region and the world by developing trained educational cadres and building comprehensive learning facilities to increase access to high-quality basic education that plays a pivotal role in nurturing stable societies
- To combat poverty, diseases and epidemics and provide preventive healthcare services that benefit the largest number of people
- To implement innovative cultural and knowledge initiatives, programmes and projects among youth, building a future generation capable of shaping knowledge-based economies
- To carry out social and developmental initiatives and projects that support vulnerable segments of societies, particularly women, children and people of determination
- To spark youth innovation and entrepreneurial thinking through providing incubators for their projects and start-ups
- To instill the values of tolerance and coexistence in people and communities, and promote the culture of dialogue, acceptance of and respect to differences.